October Journal Prompts
EDIT: This prompt journey has been archived! You can browse our available prompt journeys here.
Ready for October?
Haha. Yeah, us either.
September flew by. Seriously, flew. I was always told as I got older the time would go faster. I never believed it.
I believe it now.
So, here we are. October already. Fall is fresh in the air. Football season is in full swing. School is in session. Pumpkin spice is everywhere.
It really doesn’t get any better, does it?
We had great feedback from our mental health prompts last month. As we researched various aspects of mental health, we’ve found great connections between journaling and depression and anxiety. We’ve crafted October’s prompts with this in mind.
Here’s our disclaimer, and yes, it’s the same as September: we’re not mental health professionals and you shouldn’t see these prompts as a substitute for any medical advice. Our goal is to get you thinking, get you writing, and help you find avenues maybe you hadn’t considered. We’re all in need of optimal wellness, and that includes mental health!
Without further ado… Here are your October Journal Prompts.
- Go for a walk outside. Write about the way you feel afterwards.
- What’s your favorite way to move or exercise?
- Curl up in your favorite blanket. Write about why you picked that blanket.
- What clothes make you feel great? Put them on and take a selfie.
- Meditate while focusing on your breathing. Write about your experience.
- Write down all your feelings about your day – include positive & negative feelings.
- What’s your favorite funny YouTube video? Share a link!
- Make a list of 5 things that make you feel fabulous.
- List three people you admire. What do you admire about them?
- Who did you help today? How did you help them?
- What is your favorite verse of scripture or quote of inspiration?
- What stretch or yoga pose makes you feel great?
- What book would you love to read?
- What’s your favorite upbeat song?
- Write about a time you showed strength.
- Write a thank you note – be sure to send it!
- Go to a park – write a poem while you’re there.
- Clean something. Take a before and after picture for your journal.
- Learn a word in a new language – write that word down!
- Make a list of 10 things you’re thankful for.
- What is your favorite funny movie? Watch it and journal your favorite line.
- Describe your perfect dessert.
- Color with crayons – take a picture and journal it!
- List three of your strengths.
- What are you curious about?
- What is a recent challenge you’re facing?
- Write a healthy personal mantra in 20 words or less.
- What’s your favorite soothing drink?
- What did you eat today? How did that affect your body and mind?
- What are three ways to nourish your soul?
- Happy Halloween! Write your thoughts about this holiday.
Like it pretty?
Here you go!
If you are struggling with any type of mental health challenges – depression, suicidal thoughts, anxiety, etc. – we encourage you to seek help! Here is a short list of great resources:
National Institute of Mental Health
National Alliance on Mental Illness
Anxiety and Depression Association of America
Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance